Author Topic: Introduce Yourselves  (Read 13178 times)

knowledgelost

• Waiting for book o'clock
  • Administrator
  • Patricia Wrightson
    • View Profile
    • Literary Exploration
Introduce Yourselves
« on: July 14, 2014, 08:36:01 PM »
You know the standard introduction.

I'm Michael from Townsville, I've been book blogging for just over two years now at http://literary-exploration.com but I've been blogging else where for about five years.
Michael @ Literary Exploration
Blog || Twitter || Facebook || Goodreads

frellathon

• Dan Brown
    • View Profile
    • Jess resides here
Re: Introduce Yourselves
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:11:59 PM »
I'm Jessica from Melbourne. I lived overseas for some time but I'm really happy to be home now. I've been blogging i think for about 5 years now. Can't believe it's that long. My blog is Jess resides here

Suzpol

• Administrator
  • J. R. R. Tolkein
  • OOOOOK!
    • View Profile
    • Suz's Space
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 09:37:18 PM »
Finally figured out how to give myself a proper name.

I'm Suzie from Melbourne. Been blogging for five years, trying to support my selling of pre-loved books with some healthy SEO but the blogging took over and now I have very few books to sell.

Could everyone put their links in their signatures. I need to do some rules, but to help people look at your work and follow you we need your Facebook, website, Twitter, GoodReads or whatever combination of accounts you have.

Shelleyrae

• Dan Brown
    • View Profile
    • Book'd Out
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 09:46:57 PM »
I'm Shelleyrae, I live in country NSW with my husband and four children.
I read a lot and read fast.

My blog is called Book'd Out, I review mainly adult fiction in a variety of genres.

http://www.bookdout.wordpress.com

I host the Eclectic Readers Challenge and the annual Australia Day Book Giveaway Blog Hop.
I also co host the Australian Women Writers Challenge

kat

• Dan Brown
  • Fairy Killer
    • View Profile
    • Book Thingo
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 08:51:39 AM »
Hi, guys! I've met some of you already via FB, but I'm Kat and I blog at bookthingo.com.au. I read mostly romance books, and I almost always read the back of the book first. I also host a monthly podcast called Heart to Heart, and I edit Booktopia's Romance Buzz. I'm looking forward to checking out some new book blogs from this forum, and especially Australian romance blogs!

MrsMichelleS

• Dan Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 07:06:49 PM »
Hi, I'm Michelle from Adelaide and I blog at

http://mrsmichelles.wordpress.com/

At the moment I'm only reviewing books for Random House.  One day I would love to review for other publishing houses. 

What I love most about reviewing books is the huge range of books that I am privileged to read. And most of the time the books I have enjoyed the most are ones that I wouldn't normally pick up and read!

Thanks for setting up this website and forum - I have so much to learn and everyone seems very generous with their time and opinions. :D

booktothefuture

• Dan Brown
  • should be reading
    • View Profile
    • Book to the Future
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 08:39:24 PM »
I'm Michelle (yes, another Michelle - we're everywhere) and I write about golden oldies, as well as new releases and more at www.booktothefuture.com.au. Occasionally, you'll find me reviewing stuff over at Newtown Review of Books as well (go take a look! They're at www.newtownreviewofbooks.com.au). I live in Western Sydney, and I've been blogging for four years now.

Huge thanks to Suzie for setting up this site!

frellathon

• Dan Brown
    • View Profile
    • Jess resides here
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 09:50:22 PM »
Off to check out all your blog. I can't believe I don't know so many of you. Except Michael him I stalk, not to worry I will get to everyone   ;D

knowledgelost

• Administrator
  • Patricia Wrightson
    • View Profile
    • Literary Exploration
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 10:07:58 PM »
I have a fan  :D

1girl2manybooks

• Dan Brown
    • View Profile
    • All The Books I Can Read
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 11:36:14 AM »
I think I know most of you already but for anyone I don't know yet... I'm Bree, I'm from Melbourne and I've been blogging for about four years. I blog at http://1girl2manybooks.wordpress.com/

I like to read pretty much everything and I usually sign up for more challenges than I can possibly ever succeed in finishing

Debbish

• Dan Brown
    • View Profile
    • Debbish dot com
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 05:34:25 PM »
Hello all

I'm Deborah from Hervey Bay in Queensland. I've been blogging for over 5 years about a range of stuff - but merged some blogs earlier this year into debbish.com.

I blog about books there @ http://www.debbish.com/category/books-literature/

I really only read fiction and am a lover of crime / mysteries / thrillers.

I'm an avid reader and always have been - though I force myself to take a reading detox and have a few days off sometimes!

Deb
Deborah
debbish.com
@debbishdotcom

tony_malone

• Dan Brown
    • View Profile
    • Tony's Reading List
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 01:57:20 PM »
My name's Tony, and I'm an Englishman exiled (voluntarily) in Melbourne.  My blog, Tony's Reading List, began life at the start of 2009, and it has evolved to be focused primarily on literary fiction in translation.  English-language books?  Not so much ;)

The blog's at: http://tonysreadinglist.blogspot.com.au/

Find me on Twitter: @tony_malone
Web-site: http://tonysreadinglist.blogspot.com.au/
Twitter:   tony_malone

knowledgelost

• Administrator
  • Patricia Wrightson
    • View Profile
    • Literary Exploration
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 02:32:10 PM »
it has evolved to be focused primarily on literary fiction in translation.  English-language books?  Not so much ;)

Your blog (and a few great bloggers in the UK) have inspired me to read more translations, but I'm not doing as well as everyone else.  :P

staticsan

• Dan Brown
    • View Profile
    • Just Add Story
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 01:56:45 PM »
I write a blog about writing. It just so happens that that means I sometimes review books, too. Old books, new books, strange books, plain books. Basically anything I've read and felt review-worthy.

I've met a number of you at Random House's book bloggers event a few months ago and others on the intarwebz, principally Twitter.

Wade.

Sally906

• Dan Brown
    • View Profile
    • Books and Musings from Downunder
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 02:39:27 PM »
G'day there

I am Sally and I live in Darwin and own the blog Books and Musings from Downunder: http://sallyfromoz.wordpress.com

My second home is on Goodreads as Sally906

I have been blogging since December 2006 - always been Books and Musings but started off on Blogger and have moved to Wordpress.   It is still a work in progress as I have never been able to make up my mind as to (a) why I am doing it, and (b) where I want it to go. I do know I have made lots of friends through it.

Anyhow, eventually I'll figure out how to do a signature but for now I am just introducing myself  :)

Hoo Roo

Sally from Oz