Author Topic: Twitter  (Read 6222 times)

knowledgelost

• Waiting for book o'clock
  • Administrator
  • Patricia Wrightson
    • View Profile
    • Literary Exploration
Re: Twitter
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 10:17:15 AM »
There are heaps of management options for twitter but I prefer to do it all from a good twitter app. You can create lists so you can group all the Aussie book bloggers into one list.

Twitter is hard to explain and hard to teach, I always say you just have to jump in and try. I'm obsessed with twitter and think of it as one of the best tools out there for promoting my blog and talking to like minded readers.

I joined in a readathon recently & decided to use twitter throughout to get better at it. It certainly added to the readathon experience having instant access to folks all around the world.

Can you recommende a good twitter app?

I use Tweetbot, but that is Mac, iPad and iPhone only. Tweetdeck is popular but I find that a little too crowded.
Michael @ Literary Exploration
Blog || Twitter || Facebook || Goodreads

Suzpol

• Administrator
  • J. R. R. Tolkein
  • OOOOOK!
    • View Profile
    • Suz's Space
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 10:20:18 AM »
A good Twiitter app? That really depends on how you use it. I use Tweetdeck on my computer, I'm still looking for one that copes well with multiple accounts on both my Android phone and my iPad. Nothing's been the same since Hoot Suite stopped working for me.

Debbish

• Dan Brown
    • View Profile
    • Debbish dot com
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 06:11:58 PM »
I've tried a few different apps and programs for Twitter. At the moment I use TweetDeck on my desktop. I have several twitter accounts and it allows me to see all, schedule tweets and so forth.

As for mobile devices, I've tried the Tweetdeck and Twitterific etc but really like Hootsuite - for the same reasons I like the TweetDeck desktop. I can see several accounts at once (including FB pages and profiles), schedule stuff, see my lists, create lists etc.

Deb
Deborah
debbish.com
@debbishdotcom

Suzpol

• Administrator
  • J. R. R. Tolkein
  • OOOOOK!
    • View Profile
    • Suz's Space
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 10:15:15 AM »
Lists are an awesome thing on Twitter, means you can 'follow' more people without actually following them.